To set up your Windows Web Hosting (SmarterMail) email account within Outlook, follow the steps below.
If you are opening Outlook for the first time, the account wizard appears automatically (skip to step 2); otherwise it can be started from Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts.
The following steps apply to Outlook 2007/2010/2013, for any issues during the setup, you can use the link at the end of the article to raise a support ticket.
- From Account Settings (Or Mail > Email Accounts from the Control Panel) click on New > Email Account.
- Click on 'Manually configure server settings' at the bottom of the window and hit Next.
- Choose 'Internet E-mail' as the account type and hit Next.
- On the next page, enter your full name, your email address, the account type (POP3/IMAP), incoming server: mail.host100.co.uk, outgoing server: mail.host100.co.uk, your full email address as the username, and the password you entered when creating the account in the control panel. Click on 'More Settings' before you continue.
- In the More Settings window, go to the 'Outgoing Server' tab and tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and choose 'Use same settings as incoming mail server' option.
- Hit the OK button to save changes and return to the initial window.
- Click Next to continue, Outlook will check the connection and send a test message.
- Hit Finish to complete the setup.
You have successfully added your Windows Hosting (SmarterMail) email account to Outlook.